The Moblees Live At St Jacobs Country Playhouse
- When it comes to The Moblees how does choreographing a production like this differ from a stage musical like Pirates Of Penzance? The foundation is the same - “what movement is required to have these characters best tell the story?” In the case of the Moblees, the entire plot of the show is based on movement so there’s a lot more choreography to create than in a traditional musical.
- How much time and practice was involved in creating this Moblees Live show? The Moblees Live show is an extension of the television series which I co-direct and choreograph so really, the live show has been in development for years.
- How do you think the young attendees will react to seeing their favourite television characters live on stage? Preschoolers are always thrilled to see their favourite TV characters in person. It’s like meeting your hero at Disneyland. Watching the kids watch the show is always my favourite part.
- The message from The Moblees is to encourage children to be active. Will the audience be encouraged to move like The Moblees during the performance? Absolutely! Everybody get ready to Purple Party Twist!!!
- What sort of motivational messaging will the parents and family members take away from this show? On their “Wishin’ Mission” to help the Wishing Star get back up into the sky, the Moblees learn it’s better to give wishes than to get them.
- When you were a child, which television series did you enjoy most and did it inspire you to start your journey of where you are today? I had my very own tickle trunk because of Mr. Dress Up and considered Casey a very close friend. I also loved The Friendly Giant and Romper Room. All those shows nurtured my imagination and love of music so yes, they absolutely inspired my journey.
- Which of The Moblees is most like you? Great question that I’ve never been asked! I would say I most relate to Carlin’s high-energy and spontaneity
Get Creative With The Moblees Colouring Contest
Thurs, April 20 at 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Fri, April 21 at 6:00 p.m.
Sat, April 22 at 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Sun, April 23 at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
St. Jacobs Country Playhouse
40 Benjamin Rd. E.
Waterloo, ON N2V 2J9
All tickets: $27 plus HST.
Ideal for kids aged 2 to 8 and their families.
55 minutes without intermission.